- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Trader Interactive is hiring a Web Engineer.
Our RV Web Services group builds a suite of web-enabled products that support the RV industry. We build APIs, mobile apps, websites, data loading process, among many other products. The tech we use is best-of-breed open source and expected to run at a large-scale enterprise level in the cloud. As an Experienced Web Engineer, you will be expected to construct APIs, create data collections, extend an existing WordPress application, and build on an open source cloud architecture.
Our office is located 25 minutes away from the resort area of Virginia Beach in downtown Norfolk. We value our technical talent, allowing our staff to work remotely once a week, and generously invest in training our engineers to make sure they keep their skills up-to-date.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of our applications to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Develop and maintain robust web applications and APIs using PHP and Node.js.
- Review code, offer feedback, and provide guidance to enforce best practices and quality standards.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and nonrelational databases.
- Communicate effectively and regularly through the use of available project management tools.
- 2-4 years relevant work experience
- Experience with PHP and popular PHP frameworks(Laravel preferred)
- Experience developing and integrating with web-based APIs
- Experience with version control in a team environment (especially using Git)
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS-driven web applications highly preferred
- Experience writing unit and functional tests highly preferred
About Trader Interactive
Trader Interactive is the leading provider of digital offerings including online advertising and marketing services products serving the powersports, recreational vehicle, commercial truck and equipment segments. Some of our brands include CycleTrader.com, RVTrader.com, RV Web Services, Commercial Web Services, CommercialTruckTrader.com and EquipmentTrader.com. Collectively, we reach over 7 million monthly unique visitors through our online marketplaces, power thousands of dealer websites, and offer unique tools to assist dealers in more effectively running their businesses and serving their customers.