Systems Engineer - Cloud Administrator
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Opportunity Alert! Systems / Cloud Administrator | Dominion Web Solutions | Norfolk, VA - near the Virginia Beach Resort Area | Dominion Web Solutions is a division of Dominion Enterprises (http://www.dominionenterprises.com/) |
We are recruiting a talented Systems / Cloud Administrator for our Architecture Team | Our team creates and supports multiple key strategic products in a highly collaborative startup-like environment; from Industry leading classified search portals, Restful APIs powering web and mobile applications to high volume Data Aggregation and Business Intelligence Platforms supporting multiple business units | Enjoy challenge and opportunity while contributing to the economic growth of Hampton Roads and North America | Join. Achieve. Be Recognized.
Consider Your Opportunity
Why join and help the Dominion Web Solutions’ Architecture Team?
- Partner with DBAs, Software Engineers and QA professionals to to help design, architect and build highly available and scalable services and hosting infrastructure.
- Own systems administration, operations, automation, deployment, support and monitoring for all production and development systems
- Construct automation scripts and use popular open source tools to build and autoscale systems and software deployments
- Help improve the performance of our products and create innovative scalable solutions
- Design, build, and secure a multi-tiered application platform running on a distributed hybrid cloud environment.
As a member of the award-winning Dominion Web Solutions team, you will be provided with excellent benefits, a collaborative team environment, and you will have access to monthly user group meetings, developer conferences and company-sponsored local and internal hackathons! We offer a one-day-a-week work from home policy as well as a generous per-person training budget to make sure you stay up to date on your skills. You will be located in the heart of Downtown Norfolk, and you will be just footsteps away from The Tide and some of the best dining in Hampton Roads, just 25 minutes away from the resort area of Virginia Beach.
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Success levels are a B.S. in Network and Systems Administration (or equivalent degree and work experience), two or more years of experience in a DevSecOps environment with solid experience in linux systems administration and architecture
- Be passionate about automating processes (builds, deployments, appliance creation, monitoring, etc.) with tools like ansible, puppet, jenkins and chef.
- Help to architect, improve, operate and monitor our growing cloud infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Comfort with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve; juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Personal strengths and business competencies that suggest success in this role include flexibility, interpersonal savvy, problem solving, attention to detail, analytical and quantitative skills, listening, priority setting, driving for results, decision quality, perseverance, dealing with ambiguity, integrity and trust, willingness to constantly learn and improve your knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficient in using and creating a variety of tools to quickly triage and fix production issues and then conduct root cause analysis
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.