- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for ensuring an outstanding level of customer services by providing direct IT support to employees in their activities. Responsible for engaging in proactive support and being flexible and adaptable in meeting the changing needs of the company.
- Meeting established schedules, setting priorities, providing support/direction and dealing with administrative issues as needed.
- Gather and analyze metrics to benchmark the helpdesk workload/performance and identify trends in call center issues as directed by the Help Desk Supervisor.
- Work within the company to promote excellent customer service, effective response times and provide expert insights into general support issues. Provide a high quality of service dealing with customers.
- Continually train on operational procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Train on new hardware and/or software applications as they are rotated into use.
- Ensure timely and considerate customer service to end users by fielding calls and resolving technical issues.
- Create user accounts and managing access control based on company policies.
- Monitor queues to ensure tickets are assigned promptly and resolved.
- Respond to trends in issue reporting and assist in devising preventative solutions including Virus/Spyware/Malware detection and removal.
- Expected to offer suggestions for any noted process improvements and assist in developing new procedures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software issues, make suggestions for computer upgrades, and assist with networking issues.
- Ability to use, teach & troubleshoot computer operating systems, Office applications, Google Apps and any software or programs used by Trader Interactive.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experience in dealing with difficult interpersonal situations regarding support issues.
Analytical thought process
About Trader Interactive
Trader Interactive is the leading online classifieds marketplace and marketing software solutions provider to commercial and recreational dealers. Its mission of bringing buyers and sellers together remains the core of its businesses. Trader Interactive is committed to providing innovative products to ensure that customers generate leads, drive sales and maximize profits. Its B2C brands consist of Cycle Trader, RV Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, Snowmobile Trader, and Aero Trader, producing over 7 million unique visitors monthly. Additionally, its industry leading B2B brands consist of Commercial Truck Trader, Commercial Web Services, Equipment Trader, RV Web Services and focus on supporting its dealers and manufacturers with driving impressive results as top of mind. Trader Interactive has 10 businesses and approximately 300 employees with its home office located in Norfolk, VA.