Software Development Manager
- Category: Information Technology, Professional Services, QA - Quality Control
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Cycle Trader.com is made up of a unique portfolio of premier power sport buying and selling sites. These include: Cycle Trader, ATV Trader, PWC Trader, and Snowmobile Trader. With its wide variety of products, Cycle Trader provides a comprehensive advertising solution for all businesses serving the power sports industry. With a staggering 450,000 units for sale and 2 million visitors every month, Cycle Trader reaches more active buyers than any other source. Private sellers are able to take advantage of the site’s free basic listings in order to sell their bike online. The site also provides many helpful resources to visitors including: research tools, industry news, financial resources, readily-available customer service teams and more.
Software Development Manager | Dominion Web Solutions | Norfolk, VA - near the Virginia Beach Resort Area | Dominion Web Solutions is a division of Dominion Enterprises (http://www.dominionenterprises.com/) | We are recruiting a talented "roll up the sleeves" leader and mentor for our Architecture Team | Our software development group creates and supports multiple key strategic products in a highly collaborative startup-like environment; from Restful APIs powering search portals and mobile applications to a high volume Data Aggregation Platform supporting multiple business units across the Dominion Enterprises Family of Companies | Enjoy challenge and opportunity while contributing to the economic growth of Hampton Roads and North America | Join. Achieve. Be Recognized.
Consider Your Opportunity
Why join and help lead the Dominion Web Solutions’ Architecture Team?
- Be a true owner with your passionate for business; drive relentlessly to optimize and improve our product development and business processes, remove bottlenecks and friction, and allow the businesses to move at a fast pace; work directly with our technology stack (write code as needed)
- Work closely with the business in defining, designing, building and operating products that drive innovation to help our customers achieve their goals (a unique opportunity for technical leaders)
- Collaborate with UX designers, product managers, technical project managers, and partner teams; operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product
- Open Source development shop primarily, using technologies like PHP, MongoDB, Lucene Solr, RDBMS (Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB)
- Use fact-based management, hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions
- Create extendable designs and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind
- Enjoy training to keep your skills up-to-date (we value our technical talent and invest generously)
- Work remotely once a week, and within our downtown Norfolk Home Office the remainder
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Success levels are three plus years leading and motivating software development teams; five plus years building successful production software systems; and two plus years of web/distributed computing experience; preferred is success building productive and successful software development teams and developing talent
- Build and maintain a team of engineering talent with preferred ability to share best practices for software construction, planning, operations, and management
- Communicate effectively with multiple development, quality assurance, product management, and marketing teams; work effectively with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
- Comfort with a degree of ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts, iterate and improve; juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Personal strengths and business competencies that suggest success in this role include flexibility, entrepreneurial mindset, interpersonal savvy, building effective teams, inspiring and motivating, problem solving, attention to detail, analytical and quantitative skills, listening, priority setting, drive for results, decision quality, perseverance, dealing with ambiguity, business acumen, innovation management, caring about direct reports, integrity and trust
- Preferred capabilities include success delivering products/services in a high-growth environment, exhibiting the ability to identify and solve ambiguous customer-focused problems; and the skill to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.