Senior Web Developer
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Monroe, OH
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Senior Web Developer, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Monroe, Ohio
Join us. Achieve. Be Recognized.
We are a long established software as a service (SaaS) solutions provider for automotive dealers located in the US. We have been serving the industry for over 25 years with a solid and profitable national footprint. Join our seasoned and small team and with our deep industry knowledge, blend your passion for development, team player, UI/UX, .Net, web development, and SQL skills to build and maintain our dealer inventory management solutions. We are primarily a Microsoft centered shop using Visual Studio for software web development and SQL Server as long term data storage. Our main focus is centered around our inventory control website targeted at our clients to meet their vehicle inventory control needs.
The opportunity seeks a proven Senior level candidate that can work out of the Monroe Ohio office as a Senior Web Developer to maintain and improve the inventory management website and associated subsystems. This position has a strong focus on the ability to work effectively and productively in a team environment, with a skill set centered around implementation of UI/UX designs for building web based applications.
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience: Seeking candidates with at least 8 years of experience or more in the areas outlined below
- Strong understanding of creating and using automated Unit Tests (in a common framework) to protect code against bug and help to ensure quality control.
- Communication: Skilled at excellent communication, both verbally and in writing with several technical and product oriented team members of different backgrounds and focus; answer questions, point out potential issues, recommend alternatives, coordinate and implement development effort assigned by the Product Team
- Business Competencies: In addition to defining yourself as an excellent communicator, offer your strengths as an optimistic “can do” self-starter and problem solver; also contribute your decision quality, functional/technical skills, customer focus, teamwork, and drive for results.
- .Net (framework 4.6 using C#): Detailed experience using .Net and C# to build enterprise level websites using MVC, bootstrap, and jQuery.
- Object Oriented Development: Detailed experience with object inheritance, overrides, overloads, layering (service layer v/s data layer) in .Net applications.
- Debug Ability: Debug and resolve an issue with limited time and under pressure. Know when to take a phased approach and put a temporary fix in place while still working on the final solution for a root cause. This includes a collection of issue evidence by reading various logs (SQL, Windows Machine Events, and custom logging), doing a forensic investigation based on type and time of issue, etc. along with using the team to help pool knowledge of a subject and coordinate resolution effort.
About Dominion Enterprises:
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and Dominion Dealer Solutions, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, across the U.S., and internationally. We offer challenge and opportunity, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that include a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.
About Dominion Dealer Solutions:
Dominion Dealer Solutions improves dealers' lives by developing advanced technologies including reputation and social media management, responsive websites, digital advertising, SEO, SEM, multi-channel marketing, and custom market reports. Coupled with award-winning lead management, inventory merchandising, equity mining, customer relationship (CRM) and dealer management (DMS) solutions, Dominion redefines automotive retail by delivering first-class customer experiences for today's automotive dealerships. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, every OEM and over 10,000 U.S. dealers depend on Dominion's foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence, and teamwork to provide them with results at every turn. For more information, visit our website, like us on Facebook, Pinterest or YouTube, or follow us on Twitter.