Senior Software Quality Assurance
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Monroe, OH
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Dominion Dealer Solutions has an opening for a Senior Software Quality Assurance, Dominion Dealer Solutions, Monroe, Ohio | Join us. Achieve. Be Recognized.
We are a long established software as a service (SaaS) solutions provider for automotive dealers located in the US. We have been serving the industry for over 25 years with a solid and profitable national footprint. Join our seasoned and small team and with our deep industry knowledge, blend your passion for software quality control, team player, outside the box thinking, and exceptional communication skills to help ensure the quality of our dealer inventory management solutions. Our main focus is centered around our inventory control website and mobile solutions targeted at our clients to meet their vehicle inventory control needs.
The opportunity seeks a proven Senior level Software Quality Assurance candidate that can work out of the Monroe Ohio office; this position is not available for a remote resource. The primary goal of this Senior level position is to work with an Agile team of developers to help ensure delivery of quality software (Saas) for our automotive dealership clients.
The successful candidate will have an exceptional understanding of software quality control planning and execution for both mobile and web-based applications, experience designing and actually developing automated tests, excellent communication skills, and ability to work in a strong team focused environment.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited at getting to know our domain
- Has a passion for shipping quality software
- Has an inquisitive mind and thrives on the challenges software testing presents
- Has a background in software development, and experience with developing automated tests
- Plan testing activities (what to test, when to test it)
- Execute and can build on the plan
- Communicates well with others
- Is constantly looking for ways that they can improve themselves and for ways they can help the team improve.
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Seeking candidates with at least 5 years of experience or more in software quality control and at least 2 years experience writing software (prefer the experience directly writing unit tests in C#, utilizing a unit test framework such as Selenium). Bachelor degree in CIS/MIS/CS or equivalent experience is required.
- Experience with and developing automated testing packages is a must. Preferred environments include Selenium, MS Test, NUnit.
- Experience working in an Agile environment using issue tracking tools such as Jira or equivalent.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills where thinking “outside the box” is second nature.
- Most successful candidate is the one who does not rest until the most likely edge cases have been identified. Then that edge case is designed and built as an automated test.
- Ability to write clear test designs, write code to implement test designs as automated tests, discuss edge cases with the development team, and work together on resolving discovered issues.
- Exceptional communication skills and analytical thinking to work with support on reported issues for replication and possible workarounds for immediate remediation.
- Watching for trends in bugs reported from support, and working with development leads to address them.
- Strong proven ability to document and maintain manual testing steps on “smoke” tests or checklists that expose the most critical areas.
Experience with automotive software a strong plus.
About Dominion Enterprises:
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, CycleTrader.com, and BoatTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, across the U.S., and internationally. We offer challenge and opportunity, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that include a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.
About Dominion Dealer Solutions:
Dominion Dealer Solutions improves dealers' lives by developing advanced technologies including reputation and social media management, responsive websites, digital advertising, SEO, SEM, multi-channel marketing, and custom market reports. Coupled with award-winning lead management, inventory merchandising, equity mining, customer relationship (CRM) and dealer management (DMS) solutions, Dominion redefines automotive retail by delivering first-class customer experiences for today's automotive dealerships. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, every OEM and over 10,000 U.S. dealers depend on Dominion's foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence, and teamwork to provide them with results at every turn. For more information, visit our website, like us on Facebook, Pinterest or YouTube, or follow us on Twitter.