- Category: Accounting
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Dominion Dealer Solutions improves dealers' performance by developing advanced technologies including: reputation and social media management, responsive websites, digital advertising, SEO, SEM, multi-channel marketing, and custom market reports. Coupled with award-winning lead management, inventory merchandising, equity mining, customer relationship (CRM) and dealer management (DMS) solutions, Dominion redefines automotive retail by delivering first-class customer experiences for today's automotive dealerships. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, every OEM and over 10,000 U.S. dealers depend on Dominion's foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence and teamwork to provide them with results at every turn. For more information, visit our website, like us on Facebook, Pinterest or YouTube, or follow us on Twitter.
Career Enrichment Opportunity
Senior Accountant role:
- Month-end close processes, including reviewing, preparing, and entering journal entries as necessary
- Develop regular and ad-hoc reports using Excel and other financial systems
- monthly revenue and expense analyses or provide a first level review
- various accrual roll forward reconciliations and maintain same
- monthly vendor trend reports and analyses to ensure accurate accruals
- monthly account and bank reconciliations or provide a first level review of same
- month-end financial reports to ensure accuracy and completeness of expense and revenue; and assist in the gathering, organizing, summarizing and analyzing of financial and operational data
- Identify cost driver trends and recommend improvements accordingly
- Provide key support for budgeting and projection reporting processes, including coordination of budget inputs from various departments, preparation of reports, and review of projections with accounting team; complete monthly projections and commentary
- Provide suggestions and input on changes to improve efficiency of various processes
Join Us. Achieve. Be Recognized.
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (CPA eligible)
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel for data manipulation, analysis, and charting
- Success working with relational and dimensional databases and utilizing Microsoft BI toolset (PowerPivot, PowerQuery) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work with large quantities of data from various sources
- Personal strengths and business competencies include excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to work in a complex, fast-paced environment while maintaining the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality; contribute critical thinking skills and an inquisitive nature that results in asking questions, seeking to understand relationships, and find answers; enthusiasm for translating data into actionable insights; great peer relationships; drive for results; integrity and trust
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.