- Category: Engineering, Information Technology, Strategy - Planning
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
We need a Product Owner! CommercialTruckTrader and EquipmentTrader are looking for someone to jump in and help drive our marketplaces to the next level. In this role, you will help translate our strategic goals into a vision for the entire SCRUM team. You will create the Epics, User Stories, and User Acceptance Criteria for that vision. In creating them, you will have an influence in the user interface, the user experience, and polish of our sites. Ideally, you will also have an active hand in working with our web analysts to identify UX and UI tweaks to improve how well we serve our visitors.
CommercialTruckTrader and EquipmentTrader support ~2 million Unique Visitors a month, all of them searching for the next truck or piece of equipment to keep their small business or project operational. We are an integral piece to the smooth operation of small and large businesses across the United States, including numerous large OEMs. Joining our team will mean partnering with a group of elite developers focused on continuous innovation in all of our industries and driving North America’s economy. This role does not just include websites, but also data products, mobile productivity applications, and the APIs that connect them.
We are located in downtown Norfolk, VA; a short walk away from The Main and The Market, and only a quick 20 minute drive from the Virginia Beach resort oceanfront area.
We have fun and we work hard. If you think you have the chops to join an elite group, review the bullet points below and apply. You will be asked to complete an exercise as part of the interview process.
- Hold the overall vision for the end product.
- Create Epics, User Stories, and UAC for the Scrum team.
- Maintain and prioritize a large product backlog
- Work closely with teammates and tools to identify new ways of optimizing the product.
- Orchestrate multi-variant testing of hypotheses.
- Review product in QA prior to release to ensure alignment with UAC and requirements are being met.
- Demo new product features and enhancements to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Data-driven. Will pursue data to validate a hunch or a hypothesis.
- Ability to clearly articulate the purpose and operation of a product.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the development process, including but not limited to, stakeholders, business analysts, developers, and executive management.
- Collaborate with teammates.
- Experience building, designing, or owning web enabled products.
These will get you an interview quickly
- Experience utilizing JIRA as a product management tool in an Agile environment.
- Experience creating wireframes.
- Experience creating user personas.
- CSPO certification from a Certified Scrum Trainer.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.