IT Systems Manager
- Category: Information Technology, Management
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
IT Systems Team Manager - MicroSoft Windows Servers environnment - 5 yrs w/ Windows Sys Admin
Dominion Enterprises/Dominion Hosting Services ... (www.dominionenterprises.com), seeks a IT Systems Team Manager with a senior level background working with Microsoft Windows Server technologies and Windows Administration to work full-time in our Norfolk, VA office. The candidate will be responsible for maintaining our Windows/Linux-based web/database farms. As a member of the Systems team, the individual will be required to participate in on-call rotations. Some travel may be required.
Job Summary: Responsible for the installation and support of enterprise computer systems and related equipment in an environment requiring 24 X 7 uptime. Demonstrate excellent service and decision-making ability in the support of Systems Operations. Promote and demonstrate an attitude of teamwork and cooperation. Conduct the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installation of patches and resolution of software related problems. Assist in the development and design of effective system backups and recovery strategy. Candidates will need to have experience managing other technical team members as well as working with Project Managers for the completion of projects and will report directly to the Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages team of Systems Administrators (Linux and Windows)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Strong troubleshooting skills are required.
- Candidate must be comfortable with working in a team environment.
- Performs daily administration of computer systems (servers) to prevent outage and plans for optimized system resource utilization. Maintains integrity and reliability of server through the development of procedures and standards. Supports standards and practices with technical and business personal as needed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of standards for system/server maintenance and configuration. Automates routine maintenance tasks as appropriate.
- Work with developers to optimize system resource utilization.
- Provide after-hours on call support.
- Experience managing other technical people.
- Experience working with Project Managers to complete objectives.
- Strong technical experience troubleshooting server applications.
- Strong technical experience Administering Windows-based Networks
- Strong understanding of backup procedures and methodologies
- Strong experience with Windows System Administration tasks. (5 Years preferred)
- Strong experience with Active Directory & virtual technologies. (VMware, Openstack)
- Minimum of 5 year experience in Systems Administration in a production environment.
- Candidate should be familiar with VMware technology and have administered servers in a virtual environment.
- Experience with at least Windows 2012 is required.
- Cloud experience (Azure/Amazon AWS) is a plus.
- MSSQL / MySQL Database experience is also a plus.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.