Helpdesk Internship – Mac & PC Customer Support
Dominion Enterprises seeks an experienced Helpdesk Intern for a twelve week temporary position (40 hours) in our Downtown Norfolk office. The candidate will be responsible for assisting home office and field office employees calling for Helpdesk support.
As a member of the Home Office Helpdesk team, this position will be responsible for monitoring helpdesk tickets for escalation, follow-up, and closure, as well as providing reports to management.
Duties of this position include basic desktop level repair of Macs, iPads, and PC’s, supporting users in the operation of their PC’s, assisting with software rollouts, staging Mac/PC’s, and troubleshooting printing, email and network connectivity problems. The Helpdesk Technician will work closely with the LAN administrators in maintaining company standards and security policies.
Position requires excellent troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to communicate with users of varied experience level. Must be able to work well with others, accept and follow instructions, and have good organizational skills.
You will be trained to:
• respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, or electronically (includes Adobe Connect)
• diagnose Mac and PC problems and install replacement components including mother boards, hard drives, video cards and network cards
• knowledge and ability to diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
• resourcefulness to research questions using all available resources
• advise users on appropriate action and follow up
• work within help desk standard operating procedures guidelines
• log all help desk interactions in FrontRange ticketing system
• track and route problems and requests to include documenting resolutions
• identify and direct issues to appropriate resource for resolution
• identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
• prepare activity reports
• stay current with system information, changes and updates
• administer a variety of help desk support software suites
• demonstrate excellent customer service & communication skills
Education and Experience ... pursuing a related degree and any applied knowledge of:
Mac OSX, iPad iOS and Windows 7/8.1 operating systems, configuration in a Domain environment with the ability to train users in their operation
Desktop, Laptop and Tablet operation and support
Current working knowledge of Windows 2012 Active Directory, Security Groups and Group Policies
Understanding of LAN architecture
Windows Server 2012 Print Servers supporting Konica Minolta/Xerox/HP Printers
Google Apps for Business including Gmail, Google Docs, Calendar and Google Plus
MS Office 2007 and up
Symantec EndPoint Security
A , Network with Microsoft Certifications preferred
Knowledge and experience of customer service best practices
Related experience and training
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, CycleTrader.com and BoatTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, across the U.S., and internationally.