Director of Marketing
- Category: Marketing
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Opportunity Alert! Director of Marketing, Advertising-Marketing | Norfolk, VA area | ForRent.com, a division of Dominion Enterprises, is the nation’s leading apartment website and magazine servicing the multi-family industry | We’re seeking a talented Marketing Leader to join our Apartment Division (“ForRent”): ForRent.com, ForRentUniversity.com, CorporateHousing.com and After55.com | If you are energized by a fast-paced and competitive environment, and you desire to make a major impact on growing revenue and market share, consider this rewarding marketing opportunity | You will help drive the ForRent marketing strategy, drive the execution of brand marketing plans, define and execute go to market product launches and work with the product and marketing teams on all key strategic initiatives | Join Us. Achieve. Be Recognized.
Lead & Collaborate
- Raise brand awareness and business effectiveness:
- Plan and implement all ForRent marketing strategies, marketing communications, manage the social presence, both externally and internally.
- Key liaison from the field to the marketing, events, content and creative teams and coordinate at the strategic and tactical levels with product and development teams within ForRent.
- Manage the relationships with associations to build effective and mutually beneficial partnerships that position the ForRent brands positively within the industry.
- Lead marketing strategy and execution throughout the ForRent Division:
- Ensure branding style guidelines are enforced, internally and externally.
- Direct the success of the Marketing team to deliver all communication for product launches, announcements, trade shows and events, internal and external, ensuring that messaging is appropriate and consistent with brand identity.
- Ensure high quality and professionalism in the appearance of all ForRent Brand messaging (print and electronic materials for letterhead, logo usage, email marketing, brochures, etc.).
- Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, technology, social media, competitors and Multifamily/Apartment industries to help the Division operate with initiative and innovation and disseminate into the business to allow all to be as effective as possible.
- Maintain deep knowledge of the multi-family industry and competitive landscape and SWOT Analysis
- Maintain and manage the marketing calendar.
- Be the content curator for engaging content or valuable insights impacting the multi-family industry. Create, manage and communicate library contents.
- Responsible for weekly internal newsletters.
Plan & Budget
- Develop, measure consistently and ensure achievement of key performance indicators and goals for the Marketing department.
- Budget allocation and oversight; reallocate marketing and creative resources as necessary to track financial goals across brand portfolios.
- Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing program, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
- Document ROI and revenue growth as a result of successful campaigns and marketing investments and report progress to the Executive Team.
Manage & Develop
- Develop, guide, and support staff so they can take action on behalf of ForRent brands by transmitting values, vision and direction.
- Ensure effective communication within the marketing team and between the marketing, SEO, SEM, Product and Social teams.
- Work with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams to deliver a consistent message.
- Create Sales Enablement tools like job aids and personas or profiles.
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Should have 5-8 years of B2B marketing experience (Omnichannel preferred)
- Expertise needed to set priorities and to provide support to sales, training and product teams.
- Understanding of marketing strategy, execution and its impact on ROI and revenue.
- Great relationship-building skills and an ability to network and engage within the industry to expand brand awareness and business credibility.
- Ability to manage both creative and data-driven people and discussions and make each relevant and accessible to each other.
- Skilled at leading a team of creative designers and marketers, as well as lead marketing meetings with sales, product and content teams.
- Promote an atmosphere of teamwork and positive service to our internal and external clients while aligning with the ForRent culture of collaboration, embracing change and “being easy to do business with”.
- Expertise in both tactical implementation and marketing strategy development with experience in oversight and execution of go to market launches.
- Outstanding proficiency in content creation, with excellent ability to write and edit English grammar.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks and meet stringent deadlines.
- Outstanding technology proficiency in project management software, SalesForce, social media, Wordpress, Google Analytics, and lead and document management solutions.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.