- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Opportunity Alert! Dominion Dealer services in Norfolk, VA is seeking a Database Manager who will work closely with development teams, supporting the enterprise databases for four automotive products through both hands on activities and managing a staff of DBAs. We are seeking a team player, who is a great communicator, that is well versed in SQL Server, cloud technology and database administration. In addition to being an experienced manager, this person should possess technical database administration skills in SQL Server, MySQL, and PostGreSQL database administration including: performance tuning, backup and recovery, HA/DR technologies, T-SQL, powershell, and reporting.
- Manage the staff of DBAs that oversee database administration for our products.
- Work closely with development, product, and systems groups to define and execute on projects, as well as providing internal customer service for those departments as needs arise.
- Maintain and develop Database department budgeting and expense tracking
- Administer and maintain of Enterprise SQL Server 2014 and 2008 R2 database instances for Dominion Dealer Solutions applications for automotive dealerships in an environment requiring 24 X 7 up time. Experience with Azure PaaS is a plus.
- Maintain and develop database monitoring and alerting a backup and recovery strategy, and a disaster recovery strategy.
- Project management for database level tasks with DBAs, development teams and the hosting group.
- Perform basic MySQL database administration to a pair of smaller applications
- Utilize analytical reasoning abilities and collaboration efforts in troubleshooting issues with the various development teams
Contribute Your Knowledge and Skills
- At least three years experience in SQL Server database administration in a production environment with 24 X 7 up time requirements;
- Four-year degree or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent communicator and team player;
- Proficient with database monitoring tools;
- Experience with databases hosted on SANs and in the Azure cloud;
- Experience in managing large quantities of data on SANs across production and disaster recovery site;
- MySQL experience;
- Microsoft certifications a plus;
- Provide after-hours on-call support via VPN.
About Dominion Dealer Solutions
Dominion Dealer Solutions improves dealers' performance by developing advanced technologies including reputation and social media management, responsive websites, digital advertising, SEO, SEM, multi-channel marketing, and custom market reports. Coupled with award-winning lead management, inventory merchandising, equity mining, customer relationship (CRM) and dealer management (DMS) solutions, Dominion redefines automotive retail by delivering first-class customer experiences for today's automotive dealerships. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, every OEM and over 10,000 U.S. dealers depend on Dominion's foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence, and teamwork to provide them with results at every turn. For more information, visit our website, like us on Facebook, Pinterest or YouTube, or follow us on Twitter.
About Dominion Enterprises
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that include a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.