Data Management Specialist
- Category: Admin - Clerical, Customer Service, QA - Quality Control
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
At RVWeb Services we strive to lead the industry by innovation. Our mission is to revolutionize the way recreational vehicle dealerships do business by providing the latest technology to improve dealership efficiencies. By truly understanding a dealership’s challenges we are able to deliver first-in-class products as solutions to their everyday business troubles. Our consultative sales approach paired with superior customer service is the reason why our business is the preferred partner in the industry.
Data Management Specialist | RV Web Services (RVWS), a division of Dominion Enterprises | RVWS is an innovative website solution tool that helps RV dealerships maintain a unique industry-leading website that showcases custom graphics and superior content | Our RV customers stand out from their competitors | Please visit www.RVWebServices.com | Work in the heart of Downtown Norfolk | Great company culture with long term job stability | Enjoy our collaborative team environment | Benefit from excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans; Vacation after 90 days; 401(k) Employee Savings Plan; Paid Sick Time; Paid Holidays; Wellness Program; and grow your career as you are recognized for your achievements | Join Us. Achieve. Be Recognized.
Consider Your Opportunity
Work in support of the development and management of web-based data applications as our Data Management Specialist:
- Work directly with the customer service and website design team on each Website Project to plan and execute taking a dealership’s website live in an effective and successful manner
- Run DNS look-ups to review dealerships existing DNS records and document all findings within a project
- Communicate with the customer to discuss go-live plan
- Input all necessary DNS records into existing DNS hosting system
- Execute go-live by making any necessary name server changes internally for any internally managed domain names, or walking customers through how to make those updates with their self-managed domain registrars
- Set up email accounts via Everyone.net online Distributor portal
- Train dealers on how to setup and manage their own email accounts once the initial account is setup internally
- Manage all domain name renewals, purchases, and expirations within our domain registrar
- Setup and maintain call tracking for dealers via Call Source and manage reports, take downs, and troubleshooting; setup and maintain chat service for dealers including managing reports, take downs and trouble shooting
- Setup dealer Facebook applications and Craigslist data feeds including take downs and trouble shooting
- Manage dealer inventory feeds to 3rd party classified websites, such as RVTrader.com, and maintain accurate reports on data feeds and lead generation.
- Stay aware of new trends in data feed optimization and industry best practices
- Pursue and establish new partnerships with 3rd party classified websites to increase our data distribution network
- Email support once live: assist with setting up email on desktop, tablets, mobile; troubleshoot email issues/errors; research error codes and walk dealer through adjusting settings to resolve issues
- DNS Support post live: research any disruptions of website service at a DNS level; resolve DNS record issues internally or externally; issue escalation to IT Department if issue is at a server level and not DNS
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of domain name system, email and internet configurations
- Must have research skills and the ability to troubleshoot problems effectively
- Knowledge of Internet, Microsoft Word and Excel software
- Database experience preferred
- Professional strengths and business competencies include customer focus; perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; speak professionally with internal teams and with customers; handle detailed work with strong attention to accuracy; apply excellent organizational skills; use excellent verbal and written communication skills; extremely motivated, a self-starter; problem solver; integrity and trust
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.