Data Entry Specialist
- Category: Admin - Clerical
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Dominion Powersports Solutions invites you to experience a revolution in powersports. DX1, a complete dealership business platform, provides an end-to-end solution supporting accounting, sales transactions, online marketing and customer development. DX1 is designed to improve dealership efficiencies while growing your sales and maximizing profitability. Experience the Power of ONE today.
We are currently looking to fill an entry level position of Data Entry Specialist within our Data Entry Department. This is not a typical data entry position. Do you enjoy researching issues? Are you comfortable manipulating various types of data including spreadsheets, text documents, images and PDFs? When reading, can you readily detect formatting, spelling, grammar and punctuation errors? If so, then this is the position for you. We'll keep you so busy the days will literally fly by!
- Input raw data for websites, Microsoft documents, PDFs, etc. per established procedures
- Thoroughly check content for errors and make corrections as needed
- Complete audit list checks for existing data
- Keep manager or supervisor informed of any departmental issues or perceived problems
- Contribute ideas on improving efficiency while maintaining work quality
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent attention to detail including proofreading skills
- Solid computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new applications and resolve routine technical issues
- Strong organizational skills including follow-up
- Ability to quickly adjust to programming changes and to envision a broad range view of completed work
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good decision making and problem solving skills; able to work independently
- Demonstrate a positive, professional attitude and work cooperatively within the team environment
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines as needed; some overtime may be required
- Graphics experience a plus
- Power sports experience or power sports enthusiast a plus
- Prior data entry, administrative or similar experience
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions and procedures
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Google mail and calendaring
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills including formatting, spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Type at least 40 wpm accurately
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
If you are looking for a challenging position where you are constantly learning, this is a great opportunity. It is a full time position with a flexible start time between 7-10am after completion of training. We offer a friendly, casual, fast-paced work environment and a full benefits package.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.