- Category: Accounting
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Dominion Enterprises, a private company headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia, has an immediate need for a Corporate Accountant for its Corporate Accounting department. This position will report to the Corporate Accounting Manager – G/L. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance, review, and reporting of fixed and intangible assets, reconciliation of select balance sheet accounts and preparation of annual audit requests as well as will provide assistance with special projects. Dominion Enterprises is a leading marketing services company serving the wide-ranging needs of many industries including real estate, apartments, specialty vehicles, employment, automotive and travel.
- Month-end Close: analysis of monthly activity, booking accruals, and adjustments to the GL.
- Assist with the preparation of Corporate balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Work with other corporate departments in preparation of monthly analysis and annual budget assumptions.
- Assist with the annual financial audit of the company including detailed preparation of audit schedules, analysis, and other requests.
- Oversee the process for fixed and intangible asset additions, transfers and disposals in iSuite (Fixed Assets system). Perform assessment of capital versus expense, reasonableness analysis of asset classification, assignment of useful lives, depreciation expense calculation.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting requirements and financial analysis as needed.
- Perform manipulation of large excel data files and uploading journal entries into JD Edwards (JDE).
- Creation of various financial reports utilizing JDE, OLAP, and Business Objects.
- Develop process improvements to make the overall close process more efficient.
- Provide reports to the tax department as requested.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- 2-3 years of accounting experience (including fixed assets experience) a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Strong financial analysis/analytical skills
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines while maintaining an extensive level of accuracy and thorough work product
- Possess critical thinking skills and an inquisitive nature that results in you asking questions, seeking to understand relationships and find answers
- Ability to analyze, synthesize and present information in a manner that facilitates decision making
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management in the organization
- High degree of accuracy with attention to detail, solid organizational skills, strong drive and a proven ability to work independently
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office, JD Edwards, iSuite Fixed Assets and Business Objects experience a plus)
- Strong Excel skills with the ability to utilize filters, pivot tables, functions (v-lookups) to efficiently manage large data files on a daily basis.
- Driven to succeed and understand that you need to maintain the highest level of accuracy and confidentiality with the information you manage
Successful candidates for this role will be professional, proactive, self-motivated with strong interpersonal relations skills. Dominion Enterprises offers a highly professional work environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earning and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k). Dominion Enterprises supports a diverse workforce and is a drug testing employer.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.