- Category: Accounting, Finance
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Dominion Dealer Solutions improves dealers' performance by developing advanced technologies including: reputation and social media management, responsive websites, digital advertising, SEO, SEM, multi-channel marketing, and custom market reports. Coupled with award-winning lead management, inventory merchandising, equity mining, customer relationship (CRM) and dealer management (DMS) solutions, Dominion redefines automotive retail by delivering first-class customer experiences for today's automotive dealerships. Based in Norfolk, Virginia, every OEM and over 10,000 U.S. dealers depend on Dominion's foundation of innovation, integrity, excellence and teamwork to provide them with results at every turn. For more information, visit our website, like us on Facebook, Pinterest or YouTube, or follow us on Twitter.
1. Manage month-end close processes, including reviewing and preparing journal entries as necessary.
2. Directly supervise accounting staff including coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions and enforcing policies and procedures.
3. Review and assist as necessary in the preparation of financial reports,vendor trend reports and analysis, monthly financial reports, monthly revenue and expense analyses, and month-end reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness.
4. Strengthen understanding of product offerings and profitability, and work directly with product management teams to maximize potential profits.
5. Review Balance Sheet, Revenue, and Expense accounts to verify that the proper GAAP treatment is being utilized
6. Communicate regularly with field personnel to resolve issues, answer questions and provide reporting as necessary.
7. Manage budgeting and projection reporting processes, including coordination of budget inputs from various departments, preparation of reports, and review of projections with Senior Management.
8. Manage the year-end financial statement audit
9. Assist with tax projections, sales tax updates and other tax related projects. Manage three legal entities and related accounting.
10. Develop strong understanding of systems and processes (billing, CRM, etc) to act as liaison between systems and finance groups and ensure accurate reporting.
11. Manage changes to improve efficiency of various processes and review internal controls and related documentation for product lines and processes.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred
- 4 years experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
- Must be Excel proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with J.D. Edwards or other large automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.