Content Marketing Coordinator
- Category: Marketing, Media - Journalism - Newspaper, Real Estate
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Description and Responsibilities
Homes.com seeks an experienced, organized self-starter to assist in the execution of marketing and communication initiatives. As a member of the consumer marketing team, you’ll play a vital role in all aspects of content marketing, helping to plan and implement our strategic goals.
This is an on-site, full-time position with benefits requiring approximately 40 hours per week, with eventual career advancement opportunities. Our office is located in downtown Norfolk, VA close to public transport.
The Consumer Marketing team is a close knit group of smart folks, with occasional social outings, company inspired charitable efforts, and frequent fun distractions.
Although we’re looking for a ‘heads down’ worker bee to help execute our strategic goals, we’re also looking for someone to imprint their personality on our content marketing efforts. You’ll also have the opportunity to present your ideas, concepts and successes to a larger company audience, so public speaking (or desire to improve those talents) should be something you’re comfortable with.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Project Management of multiple, simultaneous marketing initiatives with internal & external partners
- Coordination and management of multiple external writers to produce high quality & relevant content
- Working with other marketing team members to plan and implement content and editorial strategy.
- Optimization of content for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email and video.
- Conducting research for ideas, topics and real estate-aligned materials
- Ensuring content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Utilizing publishing platforms, particularly WordPress.
- Assisting in the planning and publishing of e-newsletters.
- Collaborating closely with social media team on social promotions and campaigns.
- Utilizing content marketing reporting & search marketing strategy (SEO, Paid & Social Media).
Homes.com is a leading national home search portal that helps people find their next home and connect with local real estate pros. With over 90 million searchable homes nationwide, Homes.com attracts over 15 million visitors each month.
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/homesdotcom
Find us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/homesdotcom
Find us on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/homesdotcom
- Detail-oriented and highly organized with great time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional mastery of the English language specifically spelling & grammar
- Passion for marketing and empowering readers with exceptional content.
- Basic to advanced understanding of website technology, mobile devices and the internet.
- Intellectual curiosity, ambition and an enthusiastic attitude.
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience (Not mandatory):
- Completed college degree in marketing, communications or related fields.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience with Wordpress a bonus!
- Experience with Photoshop or other image editing tools a bonus!
- Public speaking / presentation skills a bonus!
- Be prepared to talk about your online experience, achievements and any personal projects
- Do you blog?
- Do you have a twitter account? Facebook? Instagram? Snapchat?
- Have you any published articles online?
- Have you built a website?
- Do you have a legion of social media followers?
- Do you have a public account on YouTube?
- How have you influenced or engaged folks online?