Business Systems Manager
- Category: Finance, Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
SUMMARY: The position is responsible for the operations of assigned business systems deployed at the company, typically with a departmental focus (i.e. Billing Systems or Sales Systems), including all aspects of the life-cycle management, applications development, systems administration, user/business support, and planning. Provides technical leadership and direction for highly complex business systems, system applications, and related functional business capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: Essential duties and responsibilities, for the assigned business systems and/or business capabilities, include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Ensure Usability of Systems and Provide Support
- Ensure the application meets business requirements.
- Identify and resolve system issues.
- Review and analyze existing systems effectiveness, efficiency, and performance.
- Develop, share, and leverage technology and technology use (processes) best practices.
- Analyze current internal business processes and work closely with the Business to best align technology and process for business gain.
Lead and Manage Staff
- Actively develop, support and/or manage detailed development plans for all team members
- Manage assigned team to ensure a strong team environment that proactively supports all aspects of the assigned business systems.
- Prioritize all activities to ensure most economical, efficient, and impactful output for the business.
- Direct and manage team members in daily activities toward annual goals.
- Provide direct over-sight and leadership to Developer, Admin, and Support staff.
- Cultivate, disseminate, and leverage knowledge of systems/application-usage best practices.
- Ensure system health by planning, and implementing patches, system improvements, and upgrades.
- Manage development of documentation and training programs to assist in meeting business needs.
- Develop and execute improvement initiatives and strategic roadmaps.
- Work effectively across departmental boundaries with other technologists and businesses to ensure “enterprise effectiveness” is achieved and/or maintained.
Relationship with the Stakeholders
- Serve as a "trusted advisor," and function as a key point of contact for IT & business stakeholders, creating and maintaining strong relationships with business partners.
- Develop, manage, and maintain relationships with vendors and consultants to address support and project activities.
- Monitor to ensure the Business Systems team/functions are meeting the business partner's expectations.
- Work in partnership with other Business Systems leaders/staff to ensure a consistent and positive business-IT experience for business stakeholders.
- Support gathering of high-level business requirements and scope definition during initial discovery
- Lead efforts to design, develop and implement completed projects for IT initiatives and internal/external customer use, and communicates effectively with other during the SDLC.
- Support all aspects of project management and execution as it relates to assigned business systems
- Follow company/departmental project methodologies and tools to ensure consistent delivery to the business.
- Assist and support ad-hoc company and/or departmental projects and initiatives for the betterment of the overall business.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty consistently and satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or post-secondary education (4-year program) in a business or IT discipline. Documented 3-5 years of experience in a similar role where a majority of the responsibility is aligned with managing a team responsible for core business systems; 5-7 years of experience in relevant technical position(s) with emphasis on system administration, application administration, and/or application development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages, and decimals.
OTHER SKILLS, ABILITIES and REQUIREMENTS:
Hands-on experience with technical administration of MS-Dynamics AX 2012r2/r3 and related infrastructure applications is required.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, implementation and life-cycle support of software solutions.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- 3-5 years technical experience with one or more of the assigned business systems.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.