- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
Homes.com is looking for a BI/ETL Developer to join a growing team of IT professionals working to support our premier Internet real estate portal. The BI/ETL Developer will primarily be responsible for using ETL processes and Data Warehousing concepts to answer business related questions and deliver insights. In addition to very strong technical skills, this position will have superb business process analysis and interpersonal skills. The ability to extract and analyze data, patterns, and related trends is needed, with the subsequent ability to synthesize the data into information consumable by senior business decision-makers.
- Develop data pipelines from a variety of data sources for storage in the MySQL data warehouse or other endpoints
- Use best practices for unit testing, CI/CD, performance testing, documentation, monitoring, alerting, and incident response
- Work closely with product, development, and data science teams to make data usable to derive insights for analysis and decision making
- Create data marts and OLAP cubes for use in reporting and data visualization tools
- Fulfill ad hoc and automated report requests
Contribute Your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related field
- 2+ years experience developing business objectives via technological processes (ETL) , data warehouses, dimensional models, and reporting
- Proficient working in a variety of data systems, including traditional RDBMS and NoSQL data stores. Specifically MySQL, SQL Server, and MongoDB
- Expert in creating complex SQL queries
- 2+ years experience with a scripting or programming language like Python
- Experience with Pentaho Data Integration
- Understanding of Mondrian and experience writing queries in Mondrian
- Experience with source code management tools like Git or Stash
- Python experience is a plus
As one of the nation’s top online real estate destinations, Homes.com inspires consumers to dream big. From affordable houses to luxurious estates, condos, apartment rentals and more, Homes.com features close to 3 million homes for sale or for rent in a user-friendly format, making finding your next home easy. Visitors to the Homes.com blog will find a collection of rich information and posts on DIY projects, painting, organization tips and more, providing the ultimate resource for everything home related. From finding your first apartment to buying your first home, upgrading, downsizing and everything in between, Homes.com is an inspiring and engaging partner in every phase of the home buying or renting process. Visit Homes.com and download the Homes.com Mobile App, Rentals Mobile App, or Mortgage Calculator to assist in your home search. For home decor tips and more, check out Blog.Homes.com.
About Dominion Enterprises:
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.