Associate Data Collection Engineer
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
The Commercial Web Services Development Group has an immediate need for an Associate Data Collection Engineer.
Why You Should Join the Commercial Web Services Group
Our Commercial Web Services group builds a suite of web-enabled products that support heavy equipment, agriculture, and trucking industries. We build APIs, mobile apps, websites, data loading process, among many other products. The tech we use is best-of-breed open source and expected to run at a large-scale enterprise level in the cloud.
Our office is located 25 minutes away from the resort area of Virginia Beach in downtown Norfolk. We value our technical talent, allowing our staff to work remotely once a week, and generously invest in training our engineers to make sure they keep their skills up-to-date. Join our team to help keep North America's economic motor running!
- Develop and maintain robust ETL processes, web applications, and APIs.
- Design and develop automated data acquisition processes.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and nonrelational databases.
- Communicate effectively and regularly through the use of available project management tools.
- B.S. in Computer Science/related field of study or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of software development experience.
- Experience with PHP in coursework or personal work.
- Experience building applications in a LAMP solution stack in coursework or personal work.
- Experience with version control, especially using Git.
- Experience with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn.
These will get you an interview quickly
- Available portfolio of code you’ve written — on GitHub, BitBucket, or somewhere similar.
- Experience with Kapow.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS-driven web applications.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications.
- Experience architecting new websites or web applications.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.