Associate Data Collection Engineer
- Category: Information Technology
- Location: Norfolk, VA
- Employee Type: Full-Time
RV Web Services is an innovative website development tool that helps RV dealers create and maintain industry leading websites. This tool allows dealerships to maintain a unique website that showcases custom graphics and superior content to help them stand out from competitors. Dealers receive advanced showroom and inventory listings and a complete content management system that provides control over all areas of their site. In addition, dealers can take advantage of integrated e-commerce options, website marketing tools, newsletter services, and a highly trained customer support team. For more information visit www.RVWebServices.com.
Why Should Join the RV Web Services Group?
Our RV Web Services group builds a suite of web-enabled products that support heavy equipment, agriculture, and trucking industries. We build APIs, mobile apps, websites, data loading process, among many other products. The open source tech we use is the best-of-breed and expected to run at a large-scale enterprise level in the cloud.
We need someone that can use our legacy product as a guide to building a new suite of tools for our RV customers. You will be working in an agile environment, taking general needs and converting them to user stories and user acceptance criteria. This will be done while evaluating how the legacy product and competition may have handled the same requirements. In the long run, you will become our industry-expert guiding the direction of our development in support of our RV customers.
Our office is located 25 minutes away from the resort area of Virginia Beach in downtown Norfolk. We value our technical talent, allowing our staff to work remotely once a week, and generously invest in training our engineers to make sure they keep their skills up-to-date.
- Develop and maintain robust ETL processes, web applications, and APIs.
- Design and develop automated data acquisition processes.
- Collaborate with engineers, QA analysts, product developers, and project managers as part of a Scrum team involved in every aspect of the product development cycle.
- Document systems, procedures, and processes relevant to our suite of applications.
- Design data models for both relational database and nonrelational databases.
- Communicate effectively and regularly through the use of available project management tools.
- B.S. in Computer Science/related field of study or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of software development experience.
- Experience with Java in coursework or personal work.
- Experience with version control, especially using Git.
- Experience with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn.
These will get you an interview quickly
- Available portfolio of code you’ve written — on GitHub, BitBucket, or somewhere similar.
- Experience with Kapow.
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS-driven web applications.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications.
- Experience architecting new websites or web applications.
Dominion Enterprises is a leading online marketing and software services company offering client solutions across multiple targeted business verticals. Our widely recognized B2C web and mobile portals, including ForRent.com, Homes.com, and CycleTrader.com, generate nearly 30 million unique visits monthly. Our B2B cloud SaaS solutions directly support clients in establishing their online and mobile brands, generating leads, and managing customer relationships. Dominion Enterprises has more than 40 businesses and 3,000 employees in our Norfolk, Va. home office, and across the U.S. We offer a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous 401(k). Dominion Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse workforce. Dominion is a drug-testing employer.